Since it’s summer and most of the series are over until October timeframe, now is a good time to catch up or start watching some new shows. Here is my top 10 list of shows to binge watch on Netflix. This list is in order with the best being number 1 (in my opinion).
10) Scandal – Scandal is about a former White House Communication Director who starts her own crisis management firm. The clients are crazy to say the least and she continues to have relationships with those at the White House. So it’s not bad Scandal is number 10. All of these shows are awesome to me but Scandal kind of lost its way in the last season so I’m not sure about it anymore. Because it was one of those shows that I had to watch live every Thursday I had to add it to the list. Kerry Washington is awesome and the clothes are reason enough to watch. The show develops all the characters very well and the plots are great.
9) Grey’s Anatomy – Again one of those shows I had to watch every Thursday. The show is a drama centered around the personal and professional lives of five surgical interns and their supervisors. I feel that this show was at its best at the beginning. It’s definitely a good one to binge watch with your friends. There is a lot of eye candy in this series and girlfriend moments. This show will make you laugh, cry, and everything in between.
8) Weeds – Is about a suburban housewife who sells weed in order to maintain the lifestyle she has become accustomed too when her husband dies. It’s very quirky and funny. This series shows how she tries to keep her pot life secret and keep her family together.
7) Blue Bloods – Me and my husband watched this together and it was hard because I wanted to watch it when he couldn’t. This show revolves around a family of New York cops and their prosecutor sister. Their dad is the Police commissioner so it gets a little muddy at times for the family. It’s not too serious, you get a good laugh every now and then, and the plots are great.
6) Orange is the New Black – This show is about a woman who gets sentenced to 15 months in prison after being convicted of a decade old crime. She is not your typical inmate. So I’m in the midst of watch season 4 of this series right now and it’s going kind of slow but I have been told it gets better. I think this show is hilarious. The characters are well developed and you won’t want to stop watching.
5) Dexter – Is your friendly neighborhood serial killer who hunts the bad people. At first I was a little concerned about watching it because I do not like scary stuff. Not even remotely scary. It’s not scary though a little gorey at times but that’s it. He works as a Forensic Expert for the police so it’s pretty interesting watching him juggle both of his jobs.
4) House of Cards – This show is about a conniving congressman and his equally conniving wife who claw their way up the ladder in Washington D.C. This show really makes me wonder if it’s far off from how politics really are in the big leagues. There are some really awesome jaw dropping moments in this series.
3) Prison Break – This show is about an innocent man who is sent to death row and his only hope is his brother. His brother gets sent to prison just to help break him out. There are some really interesting characters in this series and they build them up well.
2) Breaking Bad – Is about a high school chemistry teacher who gets cancer and decides to sell meth to set his family up when he’s gone. This show was amazing. It’s crazy because obviously you don’t support this life decision but you completely understand why he is doing it. It’s great to watch his transformation from the teacher to the drug dealer and the unsavory characters he deals with.
1) The Walking Dead – I implore you to binge watch this series first and foremost. I am such a fan I even listen to the podcasts. After you watch it you will completely understand. The show is based off a comic book about a zombie apocalypse and the folks that survive. It really touches on the morals of people and the lengths you will go through to survive. Again I was a little weary to watch this show but my 8 year old daughter asked me to watch it with her. She didn’t last long but I was hooked after the first few minutes. It’s not scary just really dark. The zombie makeup and special effects are awesome. The cast is awesome. This is a must watch. Like get off my website and watch it now lol!
I’m sure I forgot some. Probably a lot. What do you binge watch? I need suggestions.